Thursday 21 June 2018

100 Word Challenge Week #36


It was 4:00am. My alarm chimed. When I turned the TV on devastating war had broken out on every channel. And to think I was going to the battle field today. I guess I was used to war torn cities, families and people but never the death nor the weapons. Even though I was terrified I would be helping my country. I walked out the door and started my journey. As I walked through the forest I noticed a man lifeless in the dirt. In his hand he was holding a loaded gun I picked it up and bent it into a knot.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mya maze!

    I enjoyed your story a lot. It is very imaginative and also quite thought provoking.

    So many people wake up in real life to the realities of living in a war zone. It is terrible to think about how difficult their lives must be. Maybe it would be better if we could tie a knot in the barrel of every gun.

    I thought you used very good language in your story, in particular I liked how you used the word "nor" as this is a interesting word that also made your writing sound very grown up. Well done for writing about such a challenging subject and for handling the topic so well, I thought the tone was just right.

    Keep on writing!

    Ana,

    Team 100, Oxford, England

    ReplyDelete